Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- Zucchini and Cashew Nut Bites:
- 2 small zucchini
- 1/2 cup of oat flour (I blended some old-fashioned oats and used it)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup of toasted cashew nuts
- 2 teaspoons onions powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Spice Tribe California Love All Purpose Chile Blend
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil (to fry the bites; I used peanut oil)
- Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Light Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons honey (or little more according to your taste)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the Bites:
- Shred zucchini with a box shredder, and add to a bowl.
- Add salt to zucchini and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes or early more; this way, the zucchini wilts, and excess moisture is removed from it.
- Use your clean hands to squeeze all the water/moisture from the zucchini. Throw away the water.
- n a food processor, add the cashew nuts; process roughly. These cashews would end up giving these bites a meaty texture, so do not process to become very smooth or ground.
- While the cashews are in the food processor, add zucchini, oats flour, almond flour, egg, California love seasoning, pepper, garlic, and onions powder. Then gently process to combine. This paste should appear a bit soft but mouldable.
- Set a clean pan on the stove, and add frying oil. Allow to heat up but do not overheat.
- Use a teaspoon measure to scoop dough/paste and use your clean hands to form it into a small ball. The shape won't be perfect but will be ok in the oil.
- Drop one bite into the hot oil to see if it is hot enough. Fry until it turns golden (or light brown) and a little crunchy, keep eyes on these as they can quickly burn.
- Fry all the bites and serve with Greek yogurt sauce. You may likely not need the sauce, this is just a pick and go kind of snack.
- For the Greek Yogurt Sauce:
- Add all the ingredients into a small clean bow
- Use a fork to mix
- Taste and adjust flavors, enjoy!