Chef Patricio Duffoo @chefpatricio_spicetribe
When you want to eat the rainbow, the easiest thing you can do is throw as many colorful and vibrant veggies into a grain bowl as possible. These bowls are healthy and flavorful, a wonderful 2-for-1 when it comes to cooking.
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 tbsp Spice Tribe Ancient Halaby Middle Eastern Chile Blend
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp Spice Tribe Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Blend
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced watermelon radish
- 4 each hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 2 each avocadoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup Pepitas, toasted
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup sprouts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tsp Spice Tribe Java Turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Toss the diced (1inch cubes) butternut squash with Ancient Halaby, oil and salt, arrange in a single layer and roast for 25min until tender and slightly brown.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with oil, Marrakesh Sitar and salt, arrange in a single layer and roast for 20min until tender and slightly brown too.
- In a mixing bowl combine EVOO, honey, fresh lemon juice and turmeric, set aside.
- On each bowl, divide evenly (or not!) brown rice, roasted butternut squash, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, radishes, avocado, eggs, sprouts and drizzle with lemon-honey-turmeric dressing.
- Top with pepitas and sesame seeds.