Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes +/-
Large sauté pan, Wooden spoon, Small saucepan for poaching an egg, Slotted spoon
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced into ½” cubes
- 12 oz Maitake mushroom, broken or chopped into chunks
- 1 large Red Onion, diced into ½” pieces
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of California Love All Purpose Chile Blend
- Parmesan to garnish
- Sous vide or Poached egg
- Pepitas (toasted pumpkin seeds) for garnish
- Salt to taste
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil to medium-high, add sweet potato. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the edges begin to brown.
- Add onions and stir occasionally until beginning to caramelize.
- Add mushrooms and increase heat to high, stirring frequently to prevent burning but being gentle to not smash the sweet potatoes.
- Add California love, salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve with a poached or sous vide egg on top, sprinkle with pepitas and parmesan cheese.
Things to remember
- Maitakes will begin to shrink and break down when cooked, so keep them in larger pieces to maintain their integrity
- Watch your heat, everyone’s stovetop is different; you want your veggies to caramelize and not burn; don’t step away from this one!
- You can poach your egg in advance and rewarm in hot water for 30– 60 seconds, or just poach the egg while you are sauteeing the hash
- Sous vide is an option for the egg if this is equipment you already own, but not necessary