Chef Patricio Duffoo @chefpatricio_spicetribe
It’s always a good time to have a chicken sandwich and this pulled chicken sandwich by Chef Pato is one that takes little work and produces a high reward.
The chicken is simmered in a tangy liquid with spices like our California Love Blend and our single origin Late Harvest Black Peppercorns making the meat infused with flavor in every bite. Pair with a bright coleslaw and your bun of choice and this meal makes for a great weeknight dinner or, if you make them into sliders, an appetizer at your next gathering.
Easy and delicious sandwiches that are little work and high reward. Great for a weeknight dinner or you can even make them on slider buns for your next family gathering.
- 2ea large chicken breast
- 1ea yellow onion, peeled and cut in half
- 4ea garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp Spice Tribe California Love Blend
- 2 tsp Spice Tribe Late Harvest Black Peppercorns
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- ⅓ cup sunflower oil (or avocado oil)
- 4 ea hamburger roll (or any other type of bread/roll you prefer)
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw
- In a medium size saucepan combine water, apple cider vinegar, onion cut in half, smashed garlic cloves, California Love blend, Worcestershire sauce, whole grain mustard and sunflower oil, bring up to boil.
- Once it has boiled, lower the heat to simmer and add the chicken breast to cook for 10-15 or until tender yet still moist. Remove the chicken from the liquid and let it cool off enough to handle and shred it.
- While the chicken is cooling down and waiting to be shredded, reduce the liquid to 1½ cups at high heat.
- Add the shredded chicken to the sauce and mix well to incorporate well.
- On a hamburger roll (or any other type of bread you would like) pile some shredded chicken and top it with coleslaw.
Things to remember
- By simmering the chicken in the sauce you are infusing it with the chicken flavor and infusing the chicken with the flavors of the sauce and spices.
- Feel free to use leftover cooked chicken for this recipe.
- We like to grill or toast the buns for extra taste and texture.
- Use whatever Coleslaw you would like and can even use store-bought to make this sandwich incredibly easy. We love a colorful slaw with greens and purples and lightly dress with either yogurt or mayo. Don’t use too much lemon or vinegar in the slaw dressing because the chicken sauce is acidic as well.