I love the combination of nutty brown rice and mushrooms with our Kissed by Binchotan blend. The seaweed and sesame in the spice blend really bring out the flavors of the rice and mushrooms. I recommend soaking brown rice for a couple of hours up to overnight. Soaking whole grains results in increased mineral availability, much easier digestion and a tastier grain of rice. Cooking whole grains can be intimidating. My favorite way to cook most whole grains including brown rice is just like pasta. Get a large pot to a rolling boil with salted water and boil the grain until tender but still has a little bite. Usually 20- 30 minutes but taste often until it is to your liking. Make a large batch of rice at the beginning of your week to eat with your healthy meals and to make this delicious fried rice of course!
- 8 oz crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked the day before
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Kissed by Binchotan Japanese Chile Blend
- 4 scallion stalk, sliced( white and green part separated)
- High smoke point oil to coat the pan
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and once hot add just enough oil to coat pan.
- Add mushrooms to the hot oiled pan in an even layer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and white part of scallions.
- Continue to cook for another minute until garlic is fragrant and then add 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Remove mushrooms to a plate and wipe pan clean.
- Add butter and when butter is melted and begins to brown add the cold rice, breaking it up into smaller pieces.
- Fry the rice in butter for 2–3 minutes, stirring so it doesn’t stick to the pan and it cooked evenly.
- Make a well in the center of the rice for the eggs.
- Add the beaten eggs and do not move the eggs while it sets about 1 minute.
- Using tongs cut the egg into smaller pieces and mix it with the rice.
- Add the mushrooms to the rice along with the rest of soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Add Kissed by Binchotan and the green part of the scallion.
- Remove from heat and serve warm
- Garnish a raw egg yolk to mix into the hot rice and with more scallions and Kissed by Binchotan if desired.