Tonight’s vibe are these al pastor mushroom tacos! Topped with feta, avocado & cilantro and loads of lime juice. Chipotle’s in adobo blended up with pineapple, onions, garlic and @spicetribe California Love Spice (filled with chile, cumin & mexican oregano) and poured over crispy oyster and crimini mushrooms; so much goodness!! Saved extra sauce for drizzling over the tacos.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 1.5 cups cubed pineapple
- 1 - 7 oz can chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Spice Tribe California Love All Purpose Chile Blend
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms, sliced/shredded
- 3 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced/shredded
- For serving: feta, lime juice, avocado, flour or corn tortillas, cilantro
- In a blender, mix your pineapple, chipotle peppers in adobo, onion, garlic cloves, paprika, California Love seasoning, vinegar, water, olive oil, salt and pepper until a sauce forms. Set aside.
- In the meantime, slice/shred your mushrooms and heat a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Crisp, brown and cook your mushrooms for about 20-35 minutes until your desired cook time. Season with salt and pepper throughout.
- Next, reduce heat to low and add 1/4th cup of the sauce you made in the blender. Mix and let the flavors combine with the mushrooms - about 10-15 minutes on medium-low heat. Remove and set aside.
- Assemble your tacos by placing your mushrooms on griddled tortillas and topping with feta, lime juice, avocado and cilantro. Save your reserved sauce and drizzle over the tacos.