Healthy and delicious keto cobb salad is low-calorie (low-carb, obviously), gluten-free, very tasty, and full of flavors. This salad is made with fresh romaine lettuce greens, sautéed chicken breast, crispy bacon, hard-boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and crumbled feta cheese. The best thing about this cobb salad is it can be prepped ahead, which means it comes together quickly whenever you want to eat it! This equally means that you can always have a cobb salad ready to go!
Cobb salad, like most salads, is versatile; when it comes to the ingredients, they can be as plentiful or as little as you want them to be! For instance, my beetroot and feta cheese salad and spring mix salad. The former has many ingredients when compared with the latter that has only four! Also, a cobb salad can be made of whatever you want! The bottom line is that you make it the way it will serve you and the way you will enjoy it! Relatively, if you are looking to eat healthier, lighter aka, low-calorie and low-carb, you will love this keto cobb salad recipe.
The difference between the regular cobb salad and the keto cobb salad is that the classic cobb salad doesn’t shy away from carbs or sugar. For instance, its chicken could be breaded, and that doesn’t matter. Also, the salad may contain corn as part of the ingredients, and that doesn’t matter. On the other hand, Keto Cobb salad stays off carbs, sugar, and vegetables that aren’t keto-friendly!
Prep time: 30 mins
- 3 Chicken Breasts (slice each one into two making 6 chicken breasts)
- 10 cups of lettuce (or about 2 heads of lettuce; you can equally mix lettuce with other greens)
- 1/3 of onions
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 3 bacon
- 2 avocados
- ½ cup of feta cheese
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of EVOO (for sautéing the chicken)
- 1 teaspoon of Mama Manje Haitian spice blend
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 – 1 Maggi cube
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of light sour cream
- 1 lemon (squeezed)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 Teaspoons – 1 tablespoon of Monk fruit (optional)
- Make the chicken; mix the ingredients for seasoning the chicken, season every part of the chicken and allow marinating for 30 minutes; you can also sauté immediately if in a hurry. Sauté the chicken with the EVOO and set aside. If you have a leftover chicken (or meat), that might work as well.
- Boil the eggs, crack and remove the shells, and set aside.
- Cut and wash the lettuce leaves, then use a salad spinner to dry all the excess moisture. Make sure to dry moisture from your greens if you desire a perfect keto cobb salad. If you do not have a salad spinner, wash the lettuce leaves, dry thoroughly with paper towels, and then cut/chop into the desired size.
- Wash and cut/slice the remaining vegetables – reds onions, halve the cherry tomatoes or leave them as whole if too small, finally cut the avocados. Avocados can turn brown easily, so always cut when you are about to use them.
- Cut the bacon into bites and as well as the hard-boiled eggs into desired sizes.
- Plate/assemble the salad; start by layering the plate with greens (lettuce), then add every other ingredient – chicken, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, onions, avocado, and finally top with feta cheese.
Things to remember
- Keep eyes on the chicken when sautéing them because they can easily burn as a result of paprika.
- Monk fruit is optional though I highly recommend it. This is because it balances out the taste.
- Make sure to dry all moisture from the greens. If you do not have salad spinner use an ink free dye-free paper towel to dry them.
- Check out the “variations/substitutions” sections for ideas on how to get more creative with this salad.