- 2 eggplants, sliced 1/4 inch thick in rounds
- Oil for frying
- 4 Tbsp flour
- Honey to garnish
- For the batter
- 2 Tbsp Ancient Halaby
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- Heat oil in a deep pan to 350F.
- Mix the ingredients to make the batter.
- Dip the eggplant slices in flour and then in the batter, then fry until golden brown and tender, about 2-3 minutes or so per side.
- Cook in batches, do not overcrowd, which will cause the temperature to drop and the batter will absorb the oil without getting crispy.
- Drain well and season with salt and drizzle with honey.
Things to remember
- Eggplant oxidizes quickly so make sure the oil is heated, the batter is made and you are organized before slicing the eggplant. Slice them and put directly into the flour then the batter than the oil and cook in batches. Grab a friend to help you!