Chef Pato @chefpatricio_spicetribe
- 4 confit duck legs, shredded
- 16 corn tortillas/La Palma purple corn tortillas
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp Spice Tribe Masa Mole Mexican blend
- 16 oz tomato puree
- 4 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter if you prefer)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium size saucepan heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute until soft and translucent (approximately 6 to 7 minutes),stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add garlic, jalapeno and Masa Mole Mexican blend and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes, keep stirring to cook well.
- Lower the heat to medium and add tomato puree, cook for another 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes aren't too acidic.
- Add chicken broth, chocolate chips, peanut butter, combine well and remove from heat.
- In a blender (or with an immersion blender) add cilantro leaves and puree in batches until smooth.
- Return the mix to the saucepan and simmer until sauce has thickened to a medium body.
- Heat up duck meat and tortillas.
- Build your taco by placing shredded duck meat on corn tortilla, with a small ladle or spoon place mole sauce on top of shredded duck meat.
Things to remember
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds/sliced jalapenos/sesame seeds/cilantro leaves/lime wedges. Options are endless!