This recipe is little effort and incredibly delicious. You can also dredge the chicken in flour and deep fry it instead of roast for a Thai inspired fried chicken! The fish sauce honey is not needed for this recipe to be delicious but I highly recommend it.
- 4-6 chicken legs, drumstick and thighs separated
- 4 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cans coconut milk (the thick creamy kind!)
- 1–2 Tbsp Long-tail Sunset Thai Blend
- Fish Sauce Honey (optional):
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Long-tail Sunset
- Lime and cilantro for garnish
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and season generously with salt. Brine/ marinate chicken overnight or 2 hours minimum.
- Bake at 350f for about 1 hour or until tender and caramelized. Broil for a couple minutes at the end to char if desired.
- While the chicken is cooking mix together all of the ingredients for fish sauce honey in a sauce pan over gentle heat. Remove from heat when it begins to simmer and thicken, 1–2 minutes.
- When the chicken is finished cooking, toss the with the fish honey or drizzle on top.
- Serve with lime and cilantro.
Things to remember
- This recipe can have a couple variables such as brand of coconut milk or oven temperature. If your chicken reaches 165F and it is not yet caramelized, you can broil it for a couple minutes to get some nice color and flavor. Just be careful not to burn them!