Try substituting California Love with Ancient Halaby and beef for lamb for a Middle Eastern twist on chili!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hour 15 min
Large saucepan and wooden spoon
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 white onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp California Love All Purpose Chile Blend
- 1 Tbsp Pimentón De La Vera: Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1.5 cups chicken or beef stock
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 15 oz can of red kidney beans
- Pink Peruvian Salt to taste
- Toppings: sour cream, cheddar, scallions, tortilla chips, lime…
- Heat pot over medium-high heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom.
- Add ground beef and break it up to assist in even browning.
- Cook about 5–7 minutes until the beef is thoroughly browned and add onions and cook for another 3–5 minutes.
- Add garlic and a pinch of salt, cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spices, being careful not to burn
- Immediately add chicken stock and tomato sauce.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 1 hour or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and heat through.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with desired toppings.