Chef Pato @chefpatricio_spicetribe
The perfect addition to your Summer BBQ or long weekend holiday get togethers, these chicken skewers are generously coated in our California Love Spice Blend and sprinkled with salt for flavor in every bite. With this recipe we wanted to showcase how flavorful and easy to use our all purpose chile blend can be and because these are handheld skewers, they’re bound to be a crowd pleasing favorite. Grill them to temperature or add a little char and serve with a salsa filled with fresh produce.
BBQ/grilling season is upon us, so you’ll have plenty of gatherings to hone your skills and impress your loved ones so have fun while you’re at it!
– Chef Pato
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- 3 lbs Chicken thigh meat, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Yellow corn, kernels
- 1 cup Cucumber, cut into small dice
- 1 cup Scallions, sliced
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- Spice Tribe California Love All Purpose Chile Blend
- Spice Tribe Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt
- Olive Oil
- 2 ea Limes, juiced
- Cut the chicken meat into 1 ½ inch cubes, make sure to trim/cut off excess fat or cartilage if still attached.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water overnight or at least for 30 minutes before assembling the skewers. Skewer the chicken evenly divided between the skewers, we recommend using 8. Once the skewers are ready, drizzle them with olive oil and season deliberately to your taste with California Love All Purpose Chile Blend and Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt. Set aside and let it marinade.
- While waiting for your fire to be ready, mix the cherry tomatoes, yellow corn, cucumbers, scallions, cilantro and lime juice; adjust season with salt and drizzle over some Olive Oil.
- Place the skewers on the hot grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once during cooking, until cooked through.
- Serve hot.