Cauliflower “couscous” is a low carb alternative to wheat based couscous and pairs perfectly with Spice Tribe’s Moroccan Chicken Tagine.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-8 minutes
Large saute pan
Food processor or blender
- 1 Qt (1-2 heads) riced cauliflower (see below)
- 1/2 Cup Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Cooking Base
- 3/4 Cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 Cup currants, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, water discarded
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- Olive oil to coat bottom of pan
- Kosher salt to taste
- Heat pan over medium high; add oil when hot.
- Add Marrakesh Sitar Moroccan Cooking Base and cook for 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in cauliflower and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in pine nuts, currants, parsley, lemon zest and juice.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with Moroccan Chicken Tagine.
Things to remember
- Cauliflower is a versatile alternative to high carbohydrate rice and couscous (made from wheat)
- To toast pine nuts, place on cookie sheet in a 325F oven for about 5-7 minutes. Watch closely as they have a high oil content and will burn easily
- To "rice" cauliflower, wash and remove the stems from the cauliflower. Cut into smaller 1-2" florets and pulse in a blender or food processor until it breaks down into rice sized grains