- Oil to coat the pan
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut off the woody, tough end or bend till they snap.
- 1 Tbsp Ancient Halaby
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 orange, segmented and the membrane in the middle can be squeezed for juice.
- Blue cheese for garnish
- Fresh oregano for garnish
- Heat oil in a sauté pan to medium- high heat.
- Once oil is hot add asparagus.
- Cooking asparagus for about 3-5 minutes or so depending on the size until they are blistering in places.
- Add Ancient Halaby Middle Eastern Chile Blend and salt and toss to combine.
- Add hazelnuts and heat through before adding orange juice.
- Remove from heat and put asparagus’s on a plate.
- Spoon hazelnuts on top followed by orange segments, blue cheese crumbles and fresh oregano.
Things to remember
- This is a very quick side dish that can be eaten room temp or warm as a salad.
- Asparagus are always more delicious with a little crunch. Do not cook them all the way through before add the spices and hazelnuts as they will continue to cook from the residual heat.